Are you interested in all the moving parts that keep a convention running? Perhaps you’re a jack of all trades with an interest in project or facilities management? Or maybe you just want to be in the thick of all the action? If any of these hold true, Operations might be for you!
Operations is in charge of keeping all of the parts that make a convention work ticking. Our duties range from making sure every panel room has power, light and sound to managing and training volunteers. Operations’ primary mission is to support the activities, programming and exhibits of the convention.
- Will work with the Director of Operations to plan, organize and communicate information regarding SpringFestNY with a focus on the convention’s operations including the venue, space layout, and other technical details.
- Assist the Director of Registrations in all capacities of their duties.
- Collaborate with the Directors and Assistant Directors of other departments in planning and organizing SpringFestNY.
- Assist the Director of Operations with reports as necessary.
- Assist in training other members of the Operations Department.
- Interfacing with senior convention leadership as necessary.
- Be able to fill in for the Director of Operations in their absence.
- At least 2 years experience as either volunteer or staff at conventions of any variety.
- At least 1 year of leadership / management experience either at conventions or in the corporate world.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to attend all days of the convention.
- Must be able to attend individual and team meetings throughout the year via phone, Skype or in person.
- Must be able to follow all SpringFestNY Codes of Conduct and business policies.