Are you often the first to know when news breaks? Do you want to make headlines? Can you keep a secret? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, public relations may be the right department for you!
The Press Liaison is the first source of news and information about SpringFestNY. They must be professional and comfortable giving in-person interviews. If you can write and know how to keep a poker face, join us as our new Press Liaison.
- Coordinating with the Registration department to manage the press registration process
- Verifying the credentials of press pass applicants
- Writing and distributing background information on SpringFestNY as needed
- Generating annual media kits
- Acting as a point of contact for media inquiries and requests
- Writing and distributing press releases and media advisories regarding SpringFestNY
- Coordinating with Guest Relations department in order to setup interviews between members of the press and special guests
- No formal press liaison experience required. (The Convention Chair will provide training if necessary.)
- Experience writing professionally or as a blogger is a must.
- Willingness to give on camera interviews as needed.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be able to keep secrets and act professionally around industry guests and members of the media.
- Must be able to attend all days of the convention.
- Must be able to attend individual and team meetings throughout the year via phone, Skype or in person.
- Must be able to follow all SpringFestNY Codes of Conduct and business policies.